Hamburger Helper *sigh* how nostalgic? Like, seriously!
You’re in for a treat today because it’s recipe sharing time! And today, we’re SO EXCITED to share insights on how we recreate our friend Ashley’s recipe for Homemade Hamburger Helper to be a bit more baby friendly.
If you don’t already know her, Ashley has an amazing blog, The Recipe Rebel and she’s local to where we live and mama to three little ladies, which is extra fun!
As a reminder: You don’t need to make separate food for your baby! Here’s an example of how you can make a one pot hamburger noodle dish for the whole family with a couple adaptations for your baby.
- When can babies eat pasta? (+best pasta choices for baby)
- Beef up your baby’s iron take: here’s how!
Get the recipe for Easy Homemade Hamburger Helper from Ashley, the Recipe Rebel.
Follow these adaptations to make them baby friendly!
Baby Friendly Easy Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Make the recipe as instructed here but follow these omissions/substitutions:
- Only use a small pinch of chili flakes and omit the salt.
- Use frozen chopped spinach and sodium-free beef broth.
- When choosing a pasta, make sure to look for one that has been iron-fortified. Just look for iron on the Nutrition Facts label!
- Once the dish has been made, remove some for baby. Then stir in the salt for the older family members!
- Since this recipe uses smaller macaroni noodles, this will work best for a baby 9 months and older!
Want to know how to make any recipe baby friendly?
Click here for our 6 point checklist to turn your family’s favourite meals into meals your baby can eat WITH you!
And here are some other baby friendly recipes:
- Creamy Pumpkin Spaghetti
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
If content like this is up your alley you might also enjoy other recipes like:
2 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Hamburger Helper – how to make it baby friendly!”
Made this last night and it was great! Thanks!
Awesome! Happy to hear you enjoyed it 🙂